These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Easy to implement convenience suggestion for mission decline button

Author
Amon Tyr
#1 - 2011-12-31 17:36:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Amon Tyr
Hello devs and designers of EVE. Today while declining a mission, I had this revelation (*gasp*) - make the Decline button red and display how much time is left for the 4-hour timer to reset. Even better if you can add the timer on offered missions list in the journal as well, i.e. next to the mission title. Both of these will be great visual indicators for us mission runners, who currently need to view mission contents and scroll down to see the timer.

While you are at it, making the mission description window (i.e. the window that opens when you click on a mission in the journal) remember its custom set position and size would also be nice. Currently they have a really small window (or I have a too big monitor, either way) in the bottom-middle of the screen, and refuse to remember their size and position even if you change it to be more convenient.

Thanks!

Here is a graphic representation of what I mean

Edit: Obviously only make the button red if the 4 hour timer is not up yet. Otherwise it should be displayed as it currently is.
Nestara Aldent
Citimatics
#2 - 2011-12-31 17:41:09 UTC
Actually if you open conversation with mission agent while mission is delayed, on the left side there will be an amount of time needed to pass to be able to decline a mission without penalty. If there is no that information mission can be declined without penalty immediately.
Amon Tyr
#3 - 2011-12-31 17:54:53 UTC
Nestara Aldent wrote:
Actually if you open conversation with mission agent ...

Precisely what I mean.
Mardero
#4 - 2012-01-01 08:26:00 UTC
+1