These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Enemy of the State mechanics

First post
Author
Little Fawn
New Eden Reclamation
#1 - 2014-11-07 18:41:50 UTC
I couldn't get a straight answer from anywhere about what happens about navies attacking you after you leave Factional Warfare, so I made an alt to find out.

This is an alt with zero standings. "Disliked by" says "Everyone is neutral or positive to you". Security status zero. Everything brand new. My only positive standing is with Aura.

I flew to Caldari space, joined Caldari FW. Did no fighting. Flew to Gallente space. As expected, the Gallente navy blew me up.

I returned to Caldari space, retired from FW and went back to Gallente space. The Gallente navy blew me up.

I went to a Gallente station and joined Gallente FW. The Gallente navy still blew me up.

I retired from Gallente FW. Yet again the Gallente navy blew me up.

All the while, my standings are all zero. I am disliked by nobody, according to my standings.

So, where is the secret standing that makes me an enemy of the Gallente? Where can it be seen? How does it get cleared (if ever)?

Surely this can't be right. What am I missing?
Mike Check
Hermitage Priory
#2 - 2014-11-07 19:20:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Mike Check
Possible answer -

it used to be that standings changes did not always show correctly onscreen, sometimes you would need to reboot the client to see accurate numbers.

It is possible your standings have been changing without you seeing them.

Alternatively the FW corp stuff may need a server downtime to reset values, dunno.

Edit: if you get no answer here, try reposting in the Warfare and Tactics section. That's where the FW players will be.
Baneken
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#3 - 2014-11-07 19:24:56 UTC
Once you leave FW you're just another citizen of the empire and that's it.

Your case does seem odd though, might want to check if there is a grace period once you leave as I haven't been in FW since forever and back then simply leaving was enough.

Of c. having negative standings would make navies attack you but that shouldn't the case here.
Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-11-07 20:14:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Cara Forelli
I highly suspect you need a relog, if not a downtime, to have your status updated. Similar weirdness happens with war declarations if you don't relog. I once baited some war targets for a group of newly joined allies, only to find out they weren't allowed to shoot each other until after relogging. Needless to say, I died.

Edit: You rightly point out that your standing is zero, so the only possible reason is your "status change" as part of the militia hasn't been recognized by the server yet.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#5 - 2014-11-07 20:25:01 UTC
Likely it will take till DT to recognize that you left FW.

If that is NOT the case, bug report it to CCP so they can add another thing to the long list of "**** we broke on accident, or at least that will be what we tell them."

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Little Fawn
New Eden Reclamation
#6 - 2014-11-07 20:59:26 UTC
I'll report back after the next downtime. Thanks!
Little Fawn
New Eden Reclamation
#7 - 2014-11-08 10:06:45 UTC
I've just looked in before downtime and the Gallente navy are no longer shooting at me, so there is a delay but it does not depend on downtime.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2014-11-08 23:51:00 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Did you happen to do a relog?

It's a good idea, especially after downloading new game patches, to also 'Clear All Cache Files' which basically initiates a restart. Press Esc key when in game to open Esc Menu - Select 'Reset Settings' tab - Select 'Clear All Cache Files'.

Anyway, good to hear the issue has been resolved.

DMC
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
Wild Geese.
#9 - 2014-11-09 00:05:29 UTC
I saw this thread and wanted to respond earlier, but then I lost track of it.

FW war mechanics have a "cooldown" timer that lasts anywhere between 24 hours to the next downtime. If you leave FW you will continue to be an "enemy of the state" for a whole day after you leave.
Little Fawn
New Eden Reclamation
#10 - 2014-11-12 13:57:02 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
FW war mechanics have a "cooldown" timer that lasts anywhere between 24 hours to the next downtime. If you leave FW you will continue to be an "enemy of the state" for a whole day after you leave.

My alt stopped being shot at after about 16 hours, before the next downtime, but after a log out, so it does not seem quite like that. But the answer "it goes away after about a day" is good enough if anyone else asks!
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#11 - 2014-11-12 20:31:15 UTC
Little Fawn wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:

My alt stopped being shot at after about 16 hours, before the next downtime, but after a log out, so it does not seem quite like that. But the answer "it goes away after about a day" is good enough if anyone else asks!

Thanks for the information!

For anyone looking to get more specific data, I recommend playing around on the Singularity test server. That way, what you do doesn't impact your "live" standings or get you blown up in a place where ISK matters.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.