These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Low Sec Heimatar Moons Probed, Here Are The Results!

Author
Stoseph Stuarts
Stuarts Ludus
#1 - 2014-07-05 22:07:50 UTC
Firstly a little background about this data. As many of you are aware Marlona Sky finally completed his probing/recording of the moons in fountain last month, a project that he'd been working on since last year but got sidetracked on. So I decided seeing as my friend was out there creating social content in the aspect of discussions about the fountain moons why not release moon data for an area where it can actually be used on a large scale, my journey led me to low sec Heimatar. The data you are about to see lists all of the moons in the 0.3 security systems in Heimatar with what moon goo is inside of them and who has what size/race POS anchored on it. I had pre-released some data to a few select groups which has been taken and used to the effect of http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/Minmatar_Brotherhood losing 3 of their POS's in Bosboger, one of which was a platinum moon now being mined by Biohazard.

The whole purpose of the following data is to stir up actual player driven content in the form of PVP action such as fleet fights or POS bashing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IWkRzDcqZ3sR1TecbOX7nbLxLm2Ii7FRF3dVjKpznN8/edit#gid=0
BuckStrider
Nano-Tech Experiments
#2 - 2014-07-05 22:09:45 UTC
Stoseph Stuarts wrote:
Firstly a little background about this data. As many of you are aware Marlona Sky finally completed his probing/recording of the moons in fountain last month, a project that he'd been working on since last year but got sidetracked on. So I decided seeing as my friend was out there creating social content in the aspect of discussions about the fountain moons why not release moon data for an area where it can actually be used on a large scale, my journey led me to low sec Heimatar. The data you are about to see lists all of the moons in the 0.3 security systems in Heimatar with what moon goo is inside of them and who has what size/race POS anchored on it. I had pre-released some data to a few select groups which has been taken and used to the effect of http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/Minmatar_Brotherhood losing 3 of their POS's in Bosboger, one of which was a platinum moon now being mined by Biohazard.

The whole purpose of the following data is to stir up actual player driven content in the form of PVP action such as fleet fights or POS bashing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IWkRzDcqZ3sR1TecbOX7nbLxLm2Ii7FRF3dVjKpznN8/edit#gid=0

You might be a blueneck.

Mine smart. Mine safe. Purchase your mining permit today...... www.minerbumping.com

Stoseph Stuarts
Stuarts Ludus
#3 - 2014-07-05 22:19:49 UTC
BuckStrider wrote:
Stoseph Stuarts wrote:

You might be a blueneck.

Thanks man I appreciate that, not quite sure what the term means but it must be flattering :)
Dally Lama
Doomheim
#4 - 2014-07-05 22:33:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Dally Lama
Nice job, and thanks!

May I ask: Why not 0.4 systems? As I've read for Crius they are upgrading them so they can anchor the proper arrays.
http://www.evemanufacturing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/CCP-Greyscale-moon-mining-e1403003995243.png
Stoseph Stuarts
Stuarts Ludus
#5 - 2014-07-05 22:39:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Stoseph Stuarts
Dally Lama wrote:
Nice job, and thanks!

May I ask: Why not 0.4 systems? As I've read for Crius they are upgrading them so they can anchor the proper arrays.
http://www.evemanufacturing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/CCP-Greyscale-moon-mining-e1403003995243.png

I will be probing out the 0.4 systems also man closer to the time, I want to have a break at the moment and fund all my accounts. That is going to take a while lol, maybe 2 weeks tops but I reckon can do it in 1 week ;)
BuckStrider
Nano-Tech Experiments
#6 - 2014-07-06 03:04:29 UTC  |  Edited by: BuckStrider
Stoseph Stuarts wrote:
BuckStrider wrote:
Stoseph Stuarts wrote:

You might be a blueneck.

Thanks man I appreciate that, not quite sure what the term means but it must be flattering :)

Depends on your point of view...

You might be a blueneck if...

Mine smart. Mine safe. Purchase your mining permit today...... www.minerbumping.com

Stoseph Stuarts
Stuarts Ludus
#7 - 2014-07-06 11:24:46 UTC
Ahh right then by your description I might be a blueneck however I dislike null sec as a lot of those that live there mainly care about money/having the biggest ships, they don't care about enjoying the game as much despite their claims about loving the game. You'll find those that might love the game spend most of their time in low/high sec on alts.
Luwc
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-07-17 06:25:48 UTC
mine ?

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#9 - 2014-07-17 11:57:18 UTC
I approve of this product/service.

If I was a CEO residing in Heimatar low sec and running moon operations I am not sure i would have the same feelings Lol
Shizuken
Venerated Stars
#10 - 2014-07-17 13:55:55 UTC
I am sure the people that own/operate those POSs are very happy about this.

Criminals in real life should take a tip from EvE players. When they get caught they should just say they were creating content. They weren't really screwing people over or being antisocial. They were really just doing everyone else a favor and making life more interesting...
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
Point Blank Alliance
#11 - 2014-07-17 15:14:57 UTC
Shizuken wrote:

Criminals in real life should take a tip from EvE players. When they get caught they should just say they were creating content. They weren't really screwing people over or being antisocial. They were really just doing everyone else a favor and making life more interesting...

Grow up. There's nothing criminal about probing moons, nor releasing the data collected in doing so.
Stoseph Stuarts
Stuarts Ludus
#12 - 2014-07-17 15:35:33 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:
Shizuken wrote:

Grow up. There's nothing criminal about probing moons, nor releasing the data collected in doing so.

The siphoning which occurs when people know which moons to stick their siphons on is stealing so in a way 'criminal' content is produced by the release of this data.
Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#13 - 2014-07-17 18:47:40 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:
Shizuken wrote:

I hazard this as he liked my post above. I believe his second comment was tongue and cheek.
Shizuken
Venerated Stars
#14 - 2014-07-17 19:08:38 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:

I never said it was criminal. However collecting and disseminating data solely to drive player conflict has an antisocial flavor doesn't it? OP has significantly increased the risks for those players whose assets he has disclosed. I am sure they will enjoy diverting more resources and attention to that instead of what they planned to do.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2014-07-17 19:23:24 UTC  |  Edited by: BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stoseph Stuarts wrote:
Ahh right then by your description I might be a blueneck however I dislike null sec as a lot of those that live there mainly care about money/having the biggest ships, they don't care about enjoying the game as much despite their claims about loving the game. You'll find those that might love the game spend most of their time in low/high sec on alts.

Of course! It all makes sense now! High sec carebears are the only ones that actually like eve, and the rest of us are jealous of all the fun they're having!

Or maybe people just like playing differently.

Shizuken wrote:
Domanique Altares wrote:

I never said it was criminal. However collecting and disseminating data solely to drive player conflict has an antisocial flavor doesn't it? OP has significantly increased the risks for those players whose assets he has disclosed. I am sure they will enjoy diverting more resources and attention to that instead of what they planned to do.

Driving conflict is anti-social now?!?!

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Stoseph Stuarts
Stuarts Ludus
#16 - 2014-07-17 19:43:04 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Stoseph Stuarts wrote:

Of course! It all makes sense now! High sec carebears are the only ones that actually like eve, and the rest of us are jealous of all the fun they're having!

Or maybe people just like playing differently.

The sense in which I made my comment was that null sec players seem to spend a lot of time in low sec either on small to medium sized roaming gangs or on alts they have in high sec which are either set up for afk mining or ganking.

I acknowledge that everyone that plays the game must love the game otherwise they wouldn't play, i'm just pointing out what I have observed is all.