These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

[ closed, goodbye CCP ] impact of new changes on titan BPCs

Author
Sentry Girl
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2014-06-27 21:44:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Sentry Girl
As one that has invested almost 200 bil isk in titan BPOs and lived for quite some time from copying those, i am curious if this will still be possible after Crius patch hits. Right now the prices for a titan bpc are between 2 and 7 bil isk, and it is already pretty hard to sell some of them as there are fewer titans built. Once a copy will take 2 weeks instead of 4 months, the prices will probably drop under 500 mil isk, which is ridiculous for a 60bil+ BPO.

How about making some changes that do not hit veteran players for once ?
Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#2 - 2014-06-27 23:07:07 UTC
Can confirm titan production is down since B-5R

Can confirm BPC copying is a sensible profession and use of that much capital

Can confirm CCP hates veteran players by giving us all the good toys
Bland Inquisitor
30plus
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2014-06-28 11:40:47 UTC
Sentry Girl wrote:
As one that has invested almost 200 bil isk in titan BPOs and lived for quite some time from copying those, i am curious if this will still be possible after Crius patch hits. Right now the prices for a titan bpc are between 2 and 7 bil isk, and it is already pretty hard to sell some of them as there are fewer titans built. Once a copy will take 2 weeks instead of 4 months, the prices will probably drop under 500 mil isk, which is ridiculous for a 60bil+ BPO.

I'd suggest selling your titan bpos before the release
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#4 - 2014-06-30 07:40:00 UTC
Bland Inquisitor wrote:
Sentry Girl wrote:

I'd suggest selling your titan bpos before the release

Or you could use a reputable BPO doubling service, like the one I offer.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Sentry Girl
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2014-07-18 15:19:19 UTC
petition says "post your concerns in the forums, we cannot answer them in petitions, in the forums the dev will SURELY answer them".

YEAH RIGHT.
Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-07-18 16:31:56 UTC
Sentry Girl wrote:
petition says "post your concerns in the forums, we cannot answer them in petitions, in the forums the dev will SURELY answer them".

YEAH RIGHT.

What do you expect them to say? Oh a change in the game isn't benefiting you in a positive way that you like? By all means lets cancel the expansion.
Retar Aveymone
DJ's Retirement Fund
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2014-07-18 16:50:53 UTC
i will buy your hilariously discounted avatar and ragnorak bpcs for no more than ~100m isk per once i need some, so you will continue to receive some tiny amount of income for doing no work
Sentry Girl
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-07-18 18:07:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Sentry Girl
Retar Aveymone wrote:
i will buy your hilariously discounted avatar and ragnorak bpcs for no more than ~100m isk per once i need some, so you will continue to receive some tiny amount of income for doing no work

How about saying something intelligent for once ?
I suggest starting by learning how to count to 10 before hitting any key.

EDIT : oh i see you are goon. Nevermind, this answers my question. The total IQ of that alliance is way below someone's that would know to count.

Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
What do you expect them to say? Oh a change in the game isn't benefiting you in a positive way that you like? By all means lets cancel the expansion.

This is a good point. I do not ask to cancel an expansion, but would like for once to find an expansion that does not hit veteran players
on the ground that "they are too few compared to the newbies that would benefit from the change".
Komi Toran
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-07-18 18:26:35 UTC
Sentry Girl wrote:
Once a copy will take 2 weeks instead of 4 months, the prices will probably drop under 500 mil isk, which is ridiculous for a 60bil+ BPO.

So instead of making 2-7 billion in 4 months off a BPO, you expect to make around 4 billion in the same timeframe. Yes, this is truly a terrible nerf that will ruin your livelihood.
Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#10 - 2014-07-18 18:56:10 UTC
On the plus side, without the limitations of slots to act as a bottleneck you could just as easily make up for your profit loss by running more jobs concurrently.

Surely someone with that much time and money invested in BPOs has a wide array that they could be copying, no?

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Sentry Girl
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2014-07-18 19:28:49 UTC
Komi Toran wrote:
So instead of making 2-7 billion in 4 months off a BPO, you expect to make around 4 billion in the same timeframe.

Yes that would be very true if the titan building will increase 8-fold :)
ISK IRON BANK
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2014-07-18 20:19:52 UTC
Sentry Girl wrote:
Komi Toran wrote:
So instead of making 2-7 billion in 4 months off a BPO, you expect to make around 4 billion in the same timeframe.

Compression is being nerfed on modules...
Komi Toran
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-07-18 21:12:32 UTC
Sentry Girl wrote:

The interaction of supply and demand seem to indicate that's what you believe will be the case. If you did not believe in an eight-fold increase in demand, I'm curious as to why you think the price is going to be relatively stable instead of crashing until the excess supply is driven out of the market.
Sentry Girl
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2014-07-19 05:07:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Sentry Girl
Komi Toran wrote:
Sentry Girl wrote:

The interaction of supply and demand seem to indicate that's what you believe will be the case. If you did not believe in an eight-fold increase in demand, I'm curious as to why you think the price is going to be relatively stable instead of crashing until the excess supply is driven out of the market.

Going from 4 bil to ( probably lower than ) 500 mil - relatively stable ? There should be some changes in the supercap building mechanism in order to keep the market relatively stable. Like, allowing them to be built without sov, or in lowsec systems.

Still waiting for a DEV answer as the GM that answered my petition childishly thinks i would get one...
Barzai Mekhar
True Confusion
#15 - 2014-07-19 05:28:06 UTC
You could ask for a refund. I heard that is going really well for everyone else screwed by this patch:
-People with over-reseached BPO's (e.g. ME/PE 500)
-People with a large number of research POS modules
-People producing research POS modules
-People with Mat. Efficiency V

Rumor has it the internal codename for this release is "bend over and take it" Blink
Retar Aveymone
DJ's Retirement Fund
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2014-07-19 12:40:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Retar Aveymone
Sentry Girl wrote:
Komi Toran wrote:
Sentry Girl wrote:

Going from 4 bil to ( probably lower than ) 500 mil - relatively stable ? There should be some changes in the supercap building mechanism in order to keep the market relatively stable. Like, allowing them to be built without sov, or in lowsec systems.

Still waiting for a DEV answer as the GM that answered my petition childishly thinks i would get one...

let us make supercaps, one of the game's biggest balance problems, much more common just to save your passive income source

this seems reasonable to me
N0A
Black Wormholes of Apocrypha
TOGETHER WE STAND
#17 - 2014-07-19 13:58:11 UTC  |  Edited by: N0A
Retar Aveymone wrote:
let us make supercaps, one of the game's biggest balance problems, much more common just to save your passive income source

this seems reasonable to me

Correct - supercaps, the only thing that goons are afraid of, so afraid that they had it nerfed to almost useless and would like now to remove it from the game if possible. WHY make more of them ? Let's transform this game into a huge goon rental & scamming business. Let's kill any chance of pvp where goons are not 5 vs 1. Now THIS seems really reasonable to me.
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#18 - 2014-07-19 14:01:53 UTC
Barzai Mekhar wrote:
You could ask for a refund. I heard that is going really well for everyone else screwed by this patch:
-People with over-reseached BPO's (e.g. ME/PE 500)
-People with a large number of research POS modules
-People producing research POS modules
-People with Mat. Efficiency V

Rumor has it the internal codename for this release is "bend over and take it" Blink

And the PCU indicates that a number of people have chosen another option.

And many more will choose that option as well when the full effects of Crius hit, and the high sec manufacturers come to grips with the fact that any lucrative product line has now been taken from them and handed to null sec.
Victoria Sin
Doomheim
#19 - 2014-07-20 01:21:42 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

And the PCU indicates that a number of people have chosen another option.

I took the "take down your POS (btw, POS doesn't mean Player Owned Station) and bugger off into deep null to do relic sites" option. I have 2 characters I use regularly and 4 more I'm just using for PI at the moment. I can see those 4 going to the character sale forum eventually :p.
Paynus Maiassus
Capital Munitions
Capital Interstellar Group
#20 - 2014-07-20 23:53:40 UTC
Titan BPOs will cost a pretty penny to copy after Crius and the price of Titan BPCs will assuredly be related to their cost of production. Your business should revolve around creating a setup where copy job install costs are less than everyone else's, and you will make a decent living. Cheer up, not that many people have Titan BPOs and not everyone who has them is interested in selling ten on the open market. I doubt competition will be exceedingly cutthroat. However, you'll need to be operating out of a fully upgraded Caldari Outpost (which will become destructible at some point) or potentially even a POS. So your business now has risk associated with it, as it should have in Eve.

Honestly I would never have considered a Titan BPC sales operation to be a particularly wise or lucrative operation before or after Crius and wouldn't have considered getting into it myself at any point. However, now that you've chosen it, life will go on.
12Next page