These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

FW from farmers to PVP style Incursions

Author
Anthar Thebess
#1 - 2014-05-16 13:12:30 UTC
Goal is simple: Promote more PVP in FW rather than safe plex farming.

How: Make FW offensive work like the Sansha incursions, except it is initiated by a players.

Create something similar to the SBU in SOV warfare.
In order to start FW offensive you need to place this structure near system Ihub and guard it until it becomes online.
(area around this structure became the first complex in the system, and LP gains can be achieved there)
Defending NPC faction ships will try to destroy it , and of course other FW capsulers

After this structure becomes online , for next 5 days system spawns FW complexes.
Players from both factions have to defend or attack them in order to get LP points.

System is being won by a side that will get more of those complexes won.
Still timer on each complex will be at least 30min until some objective can be achieved.

LP gains are only when you are inside this complex.
You get them from killing Defending NPC and players , and for sitting (uncloaked) in this complex.

LP gains from being in complex are bonused by 25% if the complex is won.
So for example you where for 5 minutes on this complex - you get 500lp , but the complex is won so you get extra 25% LP

Pirates - this is lowsec after all.

Un-associated players in the complex that will take ANY action against FW player will be attacked by a local militia ships that will scram/neut/web and deal much grater DPS to this player , this response will be instant if a player with negative security status will land on complex.

Seliah
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#2 - 2014-05-16 13:23:30 UTC
I had a bit of trouble understanding your idea at first. I figured I was going to read it again, but then I read this :

Anthar Thebess wrote:

Un-associated players in the complex that will take ANY action against FW player will be attacked by a local militia ships that will scram/neut/web and deal much grater DPS to this player , this response will be instant if a player with negative security status will land on complex.

And I figured it could only be a terrible idea, so I didn't.

As you said, "this is lowsec after all", if you have a problem with neutrals attacking you in FW plexes, just kill them. And if you think there are more neutrals than FW pilots in FW plexes, it's most definitely not the neutrals' fault so you need to find a solution elsewhere.
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
Wild Geese.
#3 - 2014-05-16 13:28:20 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:

Why do you need NPCs to protect you from the bad man? Neutrals don't get NPCs to protect them in low; FW does not make you a special snowflake.
Anthar Thebess
#4 - 2014-05-16 13:31:44 UTC
This part is just a suggestion.
I don't live in lowsec.
Recently my alt was sitting in one for few days , and what i noticed:

- local up to 20
(1 red show up)
- on local Red: "How many stabs did you have , i put 2 scrambles on you"
... local =2

etc.

FW was meant to be PVP area not pure farming grounds.
I think that those changes that will force players to sit on a complex , and fight players will change this.

If players will have to initiate the spawning process of those complexes, and then we can limit the numbers of affected systems then something can change.

In case of lowsec.
From my perspective:
Higsec : Concord
Lowsec : FW , small scale pirate
Nullsec/WH : Do whatever you want.