These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Import / Export Contact List Feature

Author
Azura Solus
Rules of Acquisition
#1 - 2012-05-10 23:53:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Azura Solus
Hey all,

Getting ready for some fun with a war getting ready to go livem and was thinking that is would be nice too see a more streamlined process of adding people to contacts, and Auto-Linking a list of names To charaters For example,,,,,,

We have a war against like 160 people Would be nice to see a feature where i could take all a list of names we have in notepad lie

joe shmo
peter rabbit
Mary jane
etc
etc

And copy that list into window in game then press a button and it will do the auto link feature on each new line With a pop up when name isnt valid or when you need to choose from a bunch of em. After Which You could then Add that list to your contacts and copy said list to a eve Mail.

Maybe its just that im lazy but when you dec and have to add hundreds of people every other week it can get a bit tedious
Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#2 - 2012-05-10 23:57:30 UTC
There is some merit to your suggestion..

I think your asking for import and export feature of contacts..

I think this feature would be BRILLIANT.. and a much needed one from what I hear about CVA and their woes to manage RED lists..

This should def get on the top of the list with ccp and their "all the little things" crew..

You may benefit from changing the title of the post to something with import and export contacts..

Azura Solus
Rules of Acquisition
#3 - 2012-05-11 00:16:21 UTC
Caleb Ayrania wrote:
There is some merit to your suggestion..

I think your asking for import and export feature of contacts..

I think this feature would be BRILLIANT.. and a much needed one from what I hear about CVA and their woes to manage RED lists..

This should def get on the top of the list with ccp and their "all the little things" crew..

You may benefit from changing the title of the post to something with import and export contacts..

Cool that does sound a little more refined. Thanks !
ROCK MELTER
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-06-03 15:21:18 UTC
+1 Excellent idea!
Azura Solus
Rules of Acquisition
#5 - 2012-06-04 05:28:32 UTC
Wow surprised this thread wasnt burried, anywho i know there are tons fo thing that need fixing before this should ever be a priority but would still be a nice feature to see added
Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#6 - 2012-06-04 22:43:38 UTC
All the small suggestions, the ones that arent about pew pew, are often flooded out pretty fast..

Hopefully the CSM will be looking into this issue of information flow and the problems with bias and "tears" postings..

Kyshonuba
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-06-13 02:31:17 UTC
+1